Announcing: PVA Video Calibration Classes, Certified by the Professional Video Alliance: 3 Days of hands-on training on sale at $ 1999 (normally $2700)
NOW ADDED: 4th Day of HDR Specific HANDS ON TRAINING. $699 as a stand alone class, $499 in combination with ICA Video Training Level I and II. Offered immediately after all ICA Video Trainings at all locations. THIS CLASS IS NOW OFFICIALLY ICA VIDEO LEVEL III. You may take this class as a stand alone option but to be granted ICA Video III Certification you must have also attended the ICA Video Level I and II courses within the past 4 years.
Endorsed and Certified by the ICA = International Colorist Academy – www.icolorist.com
Created and Certified by the PVA = Professional Video Alliance
** Price reduction to $1999 thru December 2018.SAVE $705 ! ! ! ** Call 207 624 2685 for SPECIAL PRICING
LEVEL 1 (Day 1) only $ 600, LEVEL 2 (Day 2 and 3) only $1600. Take both for $1999. ICA Video Level III only $700, take all levels for $2498. Call 207 624 2685 to enroll. Please note that pricing is quoted for USA based classes. Out of the USA classes may have different pricing and may include local taxes. Please see the Partner Company’s Website or email email@example.com for more details. Please note that there is no refund policy on all classes unless the class is cancelled by PVA. If the class participant provides documentation of not being able to attend at least 2 weeks prior to the training the participant can send another person in their place, or attend a future training at a discounted price.
** PVA Video Calibration Training -now with a 4th optional day of HDR / 4K Hands On Training – Approved as PVA Video Level III !
** Advanced PVA Video Calibration Training is also available. This unique class can be custom tailored to your educational needs and be at your location to eliminate your travel expenses. Please email Gregg@ProfessionalVideoAlliance.com to discuss. CEDIA CEUs 8 for the Advanced PVA Video Calibration Training. The 2 day Advanced PVA Video Calibration Training is $1600 USD for USA based classes. Other locations may vary pricing.
…Advanced PVA Video Calibration Training: Guangzhou, December 6 and 7, 2018. Email Alex.L [ firstname.lastname@example.org ] to enroll.
…Advanced PVA Video Calibration Training, post CES: Las Vegas, January 2019. January 12 and 13, 2019.
Advanced, 2 Day, Video Calibration and Setup Training: Current Best Practice, 4K / UHD, and HDR Considerations.
As technology evolves, one’s approach to setup and calibration must also evolve to achieve maximum performance from these new high tech systems. Attendees, will be presented with current best practice and then given the opportunity to apply this knowledge in a hands on environment that fosters a better understanding of cutting edge technology.
Overview of current best practice, and application to best practice relating to flat panels and projection systems
Labs: Optimizing the luminance signal: Maximizing the dynamic range, Setting EOTF, Setting White Balance, Setting the color space and correcting for display errors. Creating 3D LUTs, inserting 3d LUTs into the video workflow
4K – UHD: Implications
HDR: Overview of HDR and discussion of the various formats.
Labs: HDR-10 calibration of a flat panel, DV calibration of a flat panel. HDR calibration of a projector
New Technology overview and their challenges.
Wrap up and exam.
Upcoming class listing:
…PVA Video Level I, II, and III Calibration Class, Cape Town, South Africa, March 26-29, 2019.
…PVA Video Level I, II, and III Calibration Class, Media Asylum, Singapore, April 26, 27, 28 and 29, 2019.
…PVA Video Level I, II, and III Calibration Class, Bangkok, May 2, 3, 4, and 5, 2019.
…PVA Video Level I, II, and III Calibration Class, Taipei, June 24, 25, 26, and 27 2019.
…PVA Advanced 2 Day Training, Las Vegas, Post NAB, April 12, 13, 2019.
… INDIA…COMING SOON…PLEASE EMAIL TO BE ON THE NOTIFICATION LIST. (Summer 2019)
Register by email to: Gregg@professionalvideoalliance.com
email: Gregg@professionalvideoalliance.com to enroll or to receive more information.
https://www.media-asylum.com/inspire/registration/ for Singapore class information, hosted by Media Asylum.
*** Click here to enroll today! ***
Who this class is for:
Colorists and Editors
Digital Imaging Specialists & Supervisors (DITs)
Production / Post Production personnel including Broadcast engineers
Manufacturers and manufacturer representatives
Independent Calibrators and enthusiasts
AV Installers and Integrators (Residential – Commercial – House of Worship)
Contractors and Technology Consultants
Buyers for installation and integration companies
From ICA, the brand your customers recognize and respect, comes a new professional-level certification workshop.
Join ICA and the PVA for a three-day Professional Video Systems Calibration workshop and gain the hands-on experience and skills you need to properly calibrate modern high definition video systems – practical knowledge that can start generating revenue for your business immediately.
Benefits of becoming a PVA Certified Professional Video Systems Calibrator:
* Obtain the Video Calibration Certification
* Three instruction days, including two days of coached hands-on calibrating exercises
* Exposure and practice using a variety of the world’s best display devices and measurement equipment
* Access to the exclusive PVA Video Calibrators’ forum, that provides service menu data and calibration advice directly from PVA Video Professionals
* Have access to use the coveted PVA Certified Professional Video Calibration logo
* Offer your clients Professional PVA Certified Video Calibration services
* CEDIA CEU Credit – 6.00 units for Level 1 (CEUP502) and 8.00 units for Level 2 (CEUP347)
Professional Certification Requirements:
* Attend the entire Video Calibration workshop
* Complete and pass Video Calibration online exam within 3 weeks of your course date
* Submit ten sample video calibrations for approval via the Web within 6 months. 4-6 calibrations are typically performed during the training
General Course Information
PVA Video Calibration Workshops include lunch on each day of the training. Attendees must cover their travel costs including airfare, hotels, parking and transportation, as well as breakfast and dinner. PVA Video Calibration Training will provide all necessary classroom and workshop material, and a certificate of completion.
Hours of each day: 9 am to 6 pm for workshop activities, including structured lab work. Plan travel generously to allow for possible traffic or other delays. At some venues, additional non structured practice hours may be available. Please contact instructor for details.
About the Course:
The PVA Certified Professional Video Calibration Workshop is a professional program designed to take those working with video to the next level. Comprised of workbook focused exercises on the first day, followed by two full days of supervised, hands-on practice, this PVA workshop provides you with the necessary tools to start offering calibration services immediately.
During the interactive session you will be working with professional calibration equipment from manufacturers such as Minolta, Photo Research, Lumagen, X-Rite, Quantum Data, JETI, Accupel, and Murideo. In addition, you will receive hands-on training on many display technologies including: LCD, LED, and OLED panels, DLP, LCOS and LCD projectors (with and without an anamorphic lens), various high end video processors, and multiple high end Blu-Ray and UHD players – all loaded with the latest HD and SD test discs. The ICA emphasizes color management systems and how to best adjust them to achieve true reference colors including the use of 3D LUTs (look up tables).
As soon as you complete this course you will be registered to access the PVA Video Calibrators’ forum, www.professionalvideoalliance.com. This unique community gives you key industry information, such as the service level calibration codes needed for top quality calibration, as well as a direct Q&A forum to support you when working in the field.
In addition to being able to offer a premium calibration service, you will be able to offer Professional Video Alliance Calibration plaques including a “PVA Calibrated” certificate, and a thank you letter from the PVA. This marketing tool can be used to generate additional sales, helping to offset the cost of the workshop itself.
You are welcome to bring your own calibration tools to class. However, if you are interested in purchasing equipment, this class will help you identify the right tools to fit your needs.
For a limited time only, the course rate of $1,999, (normally $2,700), includes:
* All instruction
* Practical interactive exercises using state-of-the-art equipment
* Comprehensive course book
* Morning snacks and a full lunch each day
*** Please register as soon as possible as space is limited. ***
Day One: CEDIA 4.0 CEUs
* History of Television (brief)
* Why We Calibrate
* What Makes a “Good” Image, Just Noticeable Differences (JND), and Video Performance
* Signal Path and Optimization Strategies
* Calibration Process
* Contrast Ratios and Screen Uniformity (Lab #1)
* Geometry & Convergence
* Contrast and Brightness (Lab #2)
* Color, Tint and Color Decoding (Lab #3)
* Sharpness and Enhancement Controls (Lab #4)
* Overview of color management systems (CMS)
* Overview of 3D LUTs (Look Up Tables)
Day Two: CEDIA: 8 CEUs (Day 2 and 3)
* Calibration Process and Integration of Signal Generators
* Grayscale and Gamma
* Software and Hardware Choices (Lab #5)
* Competing Display Technologies
* Hands-On Grayscale Calibration with Different Technologies (Lab #6)
* Overview of Front Projector Setup, Hands-on Training, Keystone and Other Geometry Corrections & Screen Technologies
* Scaling Technologies
* Environmental Issues
* Color Science and Color Standards Including Color Gamut (CCA and CMS) Management
* Approach to Calibrating CCA and CMS … Examples of Different Systems (Lab #7)
* 3D calibration techniques
* Day & Night Modes (Lab #8)
* Application of 3D Look Up Tables (LUT) and how they apply to home theater and post production
* The Future of display technology including discussion of Ultra HD (UHD / 4K), OLED, etc
* Online Exam & In-Field Calibrations
* Summary & Putting it All Together
Day Four – 4K – HDR – CEDIA 4 CEUs
* Overview of Calibration and current best practice
* 4K (UHD) implications
* HDR implications
* New technology and future challenges
* Hands on training on the latest flat panels and projectors focusing on UHD, DCI and Rec 2020 Color Spaces, EOTF gamma manipulation, application of HDR best practice to projector technologies.
PVA Does Video
PVA is your premier choice for training in video system design, setup and calibration. PVA Video Training Workshops are based on years of expertise in the physics of video and psycho-visual perception. Proven facts, solid concepts and decades of expertise come together in this unique, top rate, one of a kind workshop. Once certified, PVA Trained Professional Video Calibrators will be able to offer PVA Calibrated Display services to their customers as a premium offering.
As the market for complex high definition, video systems continues to grow in the coming years, consumers will look to professional calibrators in greater numbers than ever before. The key to success in this highly lucrative field is to identify yourself as an elite, educated member of the expanding pool of PVA Certified Professional Video Systems Calibrators.
Completing the PVA Certified Professional Video Systems Calibration Workshop, and obtaining the PVA Video Calibration Certification will provide you with more unique benefits, unlike those found in any other program. Your PVA certification will serve to differentiate you and your business in a way that will enhance your bottom-line and reputation for years to come.
The PVA Certified Professional Video Calibrator Advantage:
* Use of the prestigious PVA mark for advertising your business, in print ads, on your business cards, and your Web site. No other brand can signal quality, act to differentiate, or bring the high level of assurance to your clients in the way that PVA can.
* The ability to conduct a PVA Certified Video Calibration, allowing you to provide your customers with a plaque that shows their display has been calibrated by a PVA Video Professional, to exacting standards.
* Access to a unique Video Display Systems database, with countless listings of consumer service menu codes. You will be equipped to access and calibrate all of the latest models in your client’s location.
* Entry to a Professional Video Calibrator forum, a great place to share and obtain information with fellow PVA professionals around the globe.
*** Sign up today at our new low price! ***
What does a typical classroom look like?
6 front projectors, including 2 anamorphic lense systems.
12 direct view plasma, LCD, LED, and OLED panels, including 3D.
We ensure that there is equipment available so every student has a great hands on learning experience.
One kicking room!!